The first meeting to discuss a golf course for Luck was March 1st, 1938. Green fees were $0.75 a day for weekdays, and $0.35 per round on Sundays and holidays. Opening day was April 30, 1938 but few showed up. On June 3, 1938, a meeting was held to take up the business of the club house. There were 3 bids made and the job was given to Herman Swanson for $165.95 with the provision of a family ticket. Prices for the golf tickets for 1938 were: Gentlemen-$10.00; Ladies-$7.50; Family-$15.00. By June 6, 1938, there were 38 paid season passes. The Grand Opening was August 21. It was a gala event featuring a golf tournament, band concert, motor boat races, watersports, and baseball games. In 1940, a junior season ticket was inaugurated at a price of $5.00.
In 1988, the course was expanded to 18 holes due in part to a generous donation of the land to the south of the course by the Ravnholt family for the purpose of a second nine. The order of the holes was reversed in 1997 with the construction of a new building. In 2004, the clubhouse and bar were remodeled. In 2005, the cart paths were repaved and expanded. In 2006, the clubhouse bathrooms and locker rooms were remodeled. In 2008, the pro shop/dining area was remodeled. Today, the course and clubhouse are both in excellent condition!